If you’ve ever typed “what socks to wear with sneakers” into your handy internet search bar, we trust you’re looking for some style advice. Here at Goodly, we’re really passionate about helping people find the right types of socks to suit not only their sense of personal clothing style, but also their overall lifestyle.
Our first, and frankly, only answer to this question is that you can wear whatever you’re most comfortable and confident in! That being said, it can be helpful to spend a little bit of time thinking about what you want out of a pair of socks in order to decide which types will be best for you to wear with sneakers.
FunctionOrder Cute Floral Socks That Match Your Shoes and Your Style!
Let’s start with function. What are you wearing your sneakers for? Are they for exercise, a day trip or purely for fashion’s sake? Thinking about the purpose your footwear has is a great first step to narrowing down your options and finding the right kind of socks to wear with them.
We typically recommend you wear socks with sneakers instead of going au natural, not just because we’re passionate about all types of socks, but also because we care about the health and comfort of your tootsies! Socks help form a barrier between your skin and your shoes so that you don’t leave yourself open to painful friction blisters or fungal infections.
Fashion technology has made so many advancements in sock production in the past few decades, making all sorts of different fiber blends possible to achieve the best kind of sock for any occasion. It’s really cool how today’s manufacturers test different ratios to find blends that work for all sorts of circumstances, and it’s something to keep in mind when you’re picking what socks to wear with your sneakers.
If you’re exercising and looking for a pair of socks to help you get your run in without your feet getting all squishy with sweat, a performance blend with moisture-wicking properties is probably the best option for you. If you’re wearing your socks for fashion purposes and don’t plan on walking around too much, your feet won’t stink up a blend of dressier materials, especially if they are blended.Fun Crew Socks Are Perfect For Showing Off Your Personality
There are seven common sock lengths out there, and while each of ‘em serve a different purpose, you can truly wear them all with your sneaks.
- No-Show Socks: We’re not ones for hiding our style, but we totally understand that some people prefer to keep their socks under the radar. If you want the focus to be on your cool sneakers instead of your socks or are dealing with a particular dress code, no-shows are a great option.
- Ankle Socks: These socks hit about an inch above your ankle, making them a great option for sports or showing just a touch of colorful style.
- Crew Length Socks: There’s nothing like a pair of fun crew socks! This classic style that hits mid-calf is an easy go-to that we recommend everyone have at least a pair of in their closet. Most of our styles are crew length.
- Mid-Calf Length Socks: Mid-calf socks hit exactly where you’d expect them to (who woulda thought?!) and even though they’ve traditionally been considered a more dressy style, they still look great with sneakers.
- Knee High Socks: Anyone can get in on this fun, lengthy style! Socks that come up this high offer extra warm so you can still wear shorts even when the temps start dropping, and they make for an awesome canvas for the most bold and colorful pairs.
- Thigh High Socks: Thigh high socks are probably the most dramatic option out there. If you really want to make a statement with your socks, pick this super long length!
You can really show off your distinct personal style by choosing prints, patterns and colors that are true to you. From floral socks, to styles with funny sayings, to classic prints like stripes and polka dots, to styles that are downright wacky, there are so many options available out there that you’ll surely find tons of pairs you love!
One of our favorite parts is that we offer tons of different styles that give you the chance to change up your entire look with the simple swap of a pair of socks. If you’re feeling fancy, wear that shimmery lurex pair! Headed to a ball game? Rep your team’s colors! The options are truly endless.
comfort and confidence are always in style.
When it comes to deciding what socks to wear with sneakers — or with any type of footwear, for that matter — what’s most important is that you’ve chosen a fit and style that you love. When you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing, you’ll carry yourself more confidently, which is a big win-win in our book!Shop Now!