A Gift Guide for New Homeowners - Practical Presents They'll Love
Becoming a homeowner takes you on an emotional rollercoaster, with so many ups and downs and surprises, too! If you know someone who recently got the keys to their new place, you’re probably very familiar with the distinct blend of optimism and stress that comes from going on the special journey of home ownership.
When you’re trying to get something sweet for the new homeowners in your life, you might feel pressure to find the perfect gift. That’s where we come in! From funny housewarming gifts like quirky towels and oven mitts, to a gift card to their favorite home improvement store, here’s our gift guide for getting practical presents new homeowners will love.
Cleaning SuppliesGet Funny Housewarming Gifts for Your New Home-Owning Friends!
While cleaning supplies probably make up the least glamorous category of our gift guide here, one may argue it’s one of the most important -- especially in COVID times. Get together a little care package to help your loved ones welcome themselves into a sparkling, spotless home.
- Multipurpose cleaner is always helpful to have on hand, and there are a variety of options out there to choose from. Whether your friend’s into soothing lavender scents, the dizzying pungency of heavy duty cleaners or all-natural combinations, you’re sure to find something that works for them.
- Vacuum cleaners are a bit more expensive of a gift but are something to consider getting for close friends or family members who might have forgotten to add to their list.
- When you first move into a new home, it’s not uncommon for bins and boxes to be strewn about all over. Sink caddies and shelving solutions are useful for storing cleaning products.
Resources for an Outdoor Oasis
There are many factors that influence the relationship between residential satisfaction and the suburban homeowner, but a nifty study out there shows the homeowners’ environment plays a large part in how much they enjoy where they live. Help them create a space they love from the curb to the carpet by supplying them with some tools to build the outdoor oasis of their dreams.Funny Oven Mitts Are a Great Way to Help Them Deck Out Their Kitchen
- A sweet watering can in a cute design will cheer them up when they help their delicate garden grow.
- Mulch and fertilizer are objectively unglamorous gifts, but they could be really useful for the homeowners who are looking to up the curb appeal of their place.
- For those with limited outdoor space, hanging plants are a great gift that help them incorporate a little bit of greenery into their deck or balcony.
New Linens for a New Home
When you’re packing and unpacking around a move, you might discover some of your linens are a little more funky than you remembered… and end up tossing some out. If you have a friend or family member who might fall into this category, help them refresh their essentials with funny housewarming gifts that make them smile.
- They’ll get a kick out of doing the dishes every time they dry them with one of our funny kitchen towels!
- There’s really no such thing as having too many sets of sheets. Even if your friends don’t use them on their own bed, they’ll love having an extra set for a spare room or any unexpected guests.
- Funny oven mitts are a practical gift that will give them a chuckle every time they take their cookies or casserole out of the oven.
A Gift Card, and a Fresh Meal
When it comes to decor, personal style is so important for making a house a home, but people often bombard new homeowners with tons of tchotchkes that end up taking up space and collecting dust. If you’re not quite sure what to pick out for the new homeowners in your life, give them the gift of choice and a delicious meal to fuel their shopping spree.
- Look for local home improvement stores that may carry items of interest. If they’re moving because of a new addition to the family, a gift card to a children’s furniture store would be greatly appreciated, just as a gift card to a sporting goods store would be enjoyed by people who moved for more outdoor activities.
- Present the gift card along with a delicious home cooked (or ordered from home!) meal. Moving is stressful, and it’s not uncommon for people to forget to keep themselves nourished during those long and busy days, especially if they don’t even have their pots and pans unpacked yet!
We know the process of buying a new house, and making it feel like a home, can be just as exhausting as it is rewarding! If you know a new homeowner, odds are they’re super stressed, but extremely excited all at once. Help make their journey a little bit easier with practical presents they’ll love now and as they grow into their space.